Sister Angela de Fatima Coelho was the postulator for the sainthood cause for Saints Jacinta and Francisco Marto, two of the three shepherd children who received apparitions of Mary between May 13 and Oct. 13, 1917. Pope Francis canonized them on May 13, 2017.
She will be in the Diocese of Grand Rapids from Oct. 2-7 to speak about her experiences.
Sister Angela is also a physician and a member of the Congregation of the Alliance of Holy Mary, a religious order whose mission is to cooperate in the new evangelization through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, especially by spreading the message of Fatima. On June 25, 2009, she was nominated to become the postulator for the cause of canonization of then-Blesseds Jacinta and Francisco Marto. Sister Angela continues to practice medicine to this day. In 2014, she consented to be a vice-postulator for the cause of beatification of the third Fatima visionary, Sr. Lúcia de Jesus dos Santos.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted. See below, or click the Event Website link for a schedule.
Read more about Sister Angela here: https://www.marian.org/news/Meet-the-Postulator-7557
○ Friday, October 4, 2019:
Location: St. Anthony of Padua, Grand Rapids (www.saparish.com )
● 8:30 a.m. Praying the Rosary in Church
● 9 a.m. Mass, Father Mark Przybysz, presiding
● 9:45-10:15 a.m. Presentation to school children by Sister Angela
Location: Mercy Health Saint Mary’s, Grand Rapids
● 12:30-1:30 p.m. Faith & Medicine by Sister Angela, 5th floor Lacks Cancer Center
○ Saturday, October 5, 2019:
Location: Cathedral of Saint Andrew, Grand Rapids
● 8:30 a.m. Rosary led by Kevin Matthews
● 9 a.m. Mass with Bishop Walkowiak presiding
● 10-11 a.m. Presentation by Sister Angela
Location: St. Anthony of Padua, Grand Rapids
● Sister Angela introduced at 4:30 p.m. Mass
● Communal celebration of the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick at 4:30 p.m. Mass.
○ Sunday, October 6, 2019
Location: St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Grand Rapids
● Sister Angela introduced at all Masses - 7:30, 9:00 & 11:30 a.m.
■ Communal celebration of the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick at all Sunday Masses
● 4:30 p.m. Rosary led by Kevin Matthews
● 5-6 p.m. Presentation by Sister Angela
○ Monday, October 7, 2019:
Location: Aquinas College, Grand Rapids (www.Aquinas.edu)
● 10 a.m. Rosary, prayed outside at new Fatima Statue
● 10:30 a.m. Mass, Mary, Seat of Wisdom Chapel (2nd anniversary of dedication); seating will be limited
● 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. Lunch/lecture with Sister Angela, Wege Ballroom. Event is free, but tickets are required. Contact Aquinas College for more information, 616-632-8900
Cost: NoneReport this event
Please login to post comments.