A Weekend Chesterton Retreat on Lay Spirituality
Genius and Common Sense: Chesterton, the Man for Our Times
This weekend retreat explores the vital role of Catholic laity, using the insights of one the great laymen of the Church, G.K. Chesterton. Dr. Ahlquist will introduce Chesterton with an understanding of what it means to be a lay Catholic, and focus on the transcendentals, Catholic social teaching, lay mysticism and the mystery of suffering, all through the viewpoint of G. K. Chesterton.
1. An Introduction to G.K. Chesterton, a Catholic Layman.
2. A Simple Primer on What It Means to Be a Lay Catholic.
3. A New Look at Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
4. The Understanding (and Misunderstanding) of Catholic Social Teaching.
5. An Exploration of Lay Mysticism and the Mystery of Suffering
6. Concluding Remarks on Lay Spirituality – and Q & A
$204 per person, $318 couples, (includes two nights lodging and 5 meals) and $118 commuters
Dale Ahlquist Bio-
One of the most respected G.K. Chesterton scholars in the world, Dale Ahlquist is President of the American Chesterton Society, and publisher of its flagship publication, GILBERT. Dale is also the creator and host of the popular EWTN series The Apostle of Common Sense, and he is the author of three books on Chesterton including G.K. Chesterton: The Apostle of Common Sense, Common Sense 101: Lessons from G.K. Chesterton and The Complete Thinker. His books deliver Chestertonian perspectives on such topics as faith, education, love, and marriage, and unpack the wisdom of Chesterton to explain why modern man has lost his ability to think clearly. He has also edited eight books of Chesterton’s writings.